Friday, May 25, 2012

Off into the Wilderness....Maybe

Today is the day for our departure into the wilderness.  Unfortunately Ms. Murphy thinks she lives at our house.  Weather report has winds clocking at 50 - 60 miles an hour with gusts even higher.  Not a good day to be pulling a vintage travel trailer down the road.  What is one more day waiting compared with living the rest of your life.

So since we aren't able to leave today, Ms. Murphy decided that I needed something to do.  The pump hose keeps bursting and spewing water out of the pond and making a lovely waterfall.




So at least I will be busy today and I certainly won't be bored.  I swear, we are leaving tomorrow, even if I have to turn off the pond pump while we are communing with nature. 

Normally I don't report on the news.... However the location of this news segment is exactly where we are headed tomorrow.  However this morning on Good Morning America there was a segment about someone who went over the Palouse Falls in a kayak.  He is the second known person to do it and live.  The video isn't posted yet, so I posted one of the current record holder.

 http://youtu.be/mrveNdW_sj0


(If this link isn't operational you may have to cut and paste this link into your browser)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrveNdW_sj0


Now are you wondering what we will be up to?

Keep posted, I'll give a full report next time!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, that's an incredible video. Not sure how smart is was but he survived and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete