Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Birthday Bash

Not exactly a wild party, but a fun family gathering with good food!!


 We met up at Prospectors Bar and Grill.  A wonderful family establishment with a truly western flair.




Two of my daughters, their families and my Auntie were able to come for a Sunday afternoon dinner. 






The wonderful waitstaff provided crayons and paper so the kiddo's stayed busy and really seemed to enjoy themselves.
Dad and four busy boys!
Yummo!!




What birthday would be complete without a birthday cake.  Auntie thought of everything and of course it was chocolate, my favorite.  One of my life slogans is, If it is not chocolate, it is not worth having.    This cake was chocolate on chocolate with raspberry filling.  (Note I'm only 26!!)



Birthday Gift Stash!!

Gifts including a walking stick, pepper spray, sunscreen, lipgloss, trail snacks, firstaid kit and a tiny roll of TP.  Great items to include in my hiking vest!  Look out.....I'm ready for a hike! 




One last pause for a stop at the honey bear for a peppermint and we are off!

It was a very good day!



  

6 comments:

  1. Pepper spray and toilet paper. Interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a fun birthday with your family, I only wish I could have been there to help you celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the gifts! they got it didn't they? Glad it was a nice outing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on your thoughts about chocolate. And looks like you got most of the necessities for hiking. A belated Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great party, and perfect gifts. They will all come in handy when you are on the road, for sure. Happy Birthday, and many more to come!! :)

    ReplyDelete