Friday, March 29, 2013

Life: Hello's and Goodbye's

Life seems to always be filled with hello's and goodbye's.



We move, friends move, we change schools, we graduate from schools and move on to our first job. We marry and start families.  We change jobs.  Families grow up and start families of their own. Some changes are utterly and completely final, others change so we barely recognize the life we had before.  Some we initiate, some are initiated by others or others simply by circumstances beyond our control.
With each ending is a new beginning filled with hello's and goodbye's.

Why, why, why, why, why, why, do you
Say "Goodbye, goodbye, bye, bye".
Oh no.
You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".


Writing the last post on saying goodbye to my beloved horse, Holy Scat was a very difficult post to write.  I am happy that she is in a wonderful place to live out her years.  But the emotions are raw and the enormity of the life changes I have been undergoing sometimes overwhelm me.
But still I move forward.  I must.    

I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello, hello".
I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello".


I have promised myself in starting this blog I must keep it honest.  It is not all excitement all the time.  There are difficult moments and moments I feel afraid of the unknown, as I am sure others who have walked this path have also experienced.  I feel a mix of emotions as I ready for this journey.  

You say "Yes", I say "No".
You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
Oh no.
You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".
I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello, hello".
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.
I am not closing the door on my past life, only beginning a new chapter.  Electronics of this past century allow us to keep in touch with those we love in many new ways. Without these advances I'm not sure I would have the courage to go out into the wilderness.
You say "Yes", I say "No".
(I say "Yes", but I may mean "No").
You say "Stop", I say "Go, go, go".
(I can stay still it's time to go).
Oh, oh no.

 Lyrics from "Hello, Goodbye" by Paul McCartney
Shortly after this was released, McCartney explained, "The answer to everything is simple. It's a song about everything and nothing. If you have black you have to have white. That's the amazing thing about life."
Goodbye and Hello
Hello and Goodbye


5 comments:

  1. This is so very true. And we are seldom totally sure that the good-byes were right to do and the hellos worth it. But sometimes it just feels right. I admire you for keeping your blog honest. I found it hard to do, to put the difficult out there. I did once and folks rushed to "cheer me up" and when I responded that it made me feel "unheard", folks who used to comment did no more. They wanted to see me as soldiering on. Always looking on the bright side. Making lemonade. So I find myself being honest in my hand written journal and the blog becomes more what I "did" rather than what I feel. Glad you are't doing that. It isn't as real. And your post has obviously brought out the honesty in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean.... I for the most part do look on the bright side, but feelings don't always follow the script. I'm trying not to let comments define what I think or feel. I hope that I can maintain the realness. I really want this to be a reflection of it all. Gosh I imagine someone ready this that is just starting the journey of getting ready. I owe myself and readers the honesty. Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. it IS hard but hopefully your hellos will make you feel better, fulfilled, happy.I know how excited you are in starting this adventure and hope it will be mostly all you are wishing for. There will be times when you will wonder what the devil you were thinking of, however I think the good will outweigh the sadness you feel, but there will always be those moments.....

    I also agree with keeping it honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw on Al's blog tonight that you had lost your near friend. I wanted to say how sorry I am. I know how much loosing a dearly beloved pet can be. We lost our last quarter horse last summer. Buried 4 of them in our pasture over the years. Still miss them very much. I hope all the memories help to ease the sadness. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how it feels! Had to give up my 3 horses due to illness. I felt like loosing a big part of myself. I wept as I had never wept before. I loved them so much. Even nowadays I get tears in my eyes watching horses in the fields.

    ReplyDelete