Monday, January 26, 2015

Beginnings and Endings....



The middle of winter signals the time of year for RV shows all around the country.  I made my annual pilgrimage to the RV show in Spokane.  Maybe one day I will actually be in Quartzite for the RV gathering and will no longer be dreamin!!


I go back and forth as to what I would like to have as far as an RV for future travels.  I'm thinking of a cross country trip in the future and have a hard time visualizing pulling a trailer through the cities of the NorthEast.  I do love the retro trailers that are coming out now though....a touch of the old stylin and a touch of the new..... a frig and air would be nice.


 Since I already have the truck.....it would be a hook up and go!!



Or maybe a turtle..... and carry my home on my back.  

  I even found one that would work with my truck......light and comfy.





                    I'm seriously considering trying out another option for this summers travels.

Saturday, was the 1st Blogger Fest in Arizona sun.  A group of more than 50 bloggers got together for a meet and greet.  Sure would have loved to be there....maybe it will come together again and I will be able to attend.  I have met some of those that were able to attend and there are many more wanderin souls I would love to meet.  Sounds like they had a grand time!!

I found myself as a bystander in a drama at the RV show.  I was talking with a salesman when a frantic young man ran up to the sales person yelling for help.  We followed him back to an area where a woman had fallen.  It became quickly clear that she was desperately in need of medical attention.   When I left the area, someone was doing CPR on her.  While I don't know the outcome, the situation looked grim. The events added a somber cloud to the day and after I walked around for some time later, I wasn't able to focus and left soon after.

.
  






5 comments:

  1. Sorry your trip had a down side. I wanted so bad to go to the blogger fest too. But I'm glad I didn't after the failed camping trip. I would have hated being so far from home and realize the camper isn't going to work. Maybe we can make it next time. Love the new retro trailers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be looking forward to meeting you next year at Blogger-Fest 2016:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry your day ended on such a traumatic note, but if anyone can send that woman some positive thoughts of recovery, it is you! Still glad you got to attend the RV show and "plant some seeds." Loved the Buddha quote...as much as we love to plan and dream, it is a good reminder that we also need to spend more time enjoying TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted the retros at the Tampa RV show. Really loved them too. What a grim reminder of the truth of the Buddha's saying. It makes it harder to wait to get on with your life. I wish I had been at bloggerfest too. I want to go west and stay for a long while but doctors are in Florida. Each of us has our responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to meet you at Blogger-Fest 2016! It's fun to look at different RV's isn't it? I'm so sorry your day ended in a traumatic way--the quote is right on target!! Take good care...

    ReplyDelete